When pet equipment, the baby is sick is inevitable. Therefore, owners need to learn about some common cats and dogs so that they can know how to set up and treat their baby.
The following article will reveal to you the 6 most common diseases in cats and dogs. Let’s find out what kind of diseases they are!
Rabies is one of the most common diseases in pets. This is a very dangerous infectious disease. This disease is caused by a rabies virus of the Rhabdovirus family, which has an RNA structure and an envelope.
Both animals and humans are at risk of contracting rabies. Normally, the rabies virus can stay in the body for 2-8 weeks before an infected cat or dog begins to show signs of illness. If the virus is transmitted from saliva when bitten, the illness can be shortened to only 10 days.
When suspecting that the babies have rabies, take them to a veterinary facility for isolation and diagnosis! Some tests can help determine if a dog or cat breed is sick, such as:
– ELISA blood test
– Direct fluorescent antibody test
Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP.) is a common disease in cats. This disease is caused by a virus called feline coronavirus. Usually, the percentage of cats that can be cured after peritonitis is very low. In most cases, only treatment is needed to prolong the life of the baby.
When cats are infected with peritonitis, they will not have too many symptoms, the manifestations are too severe for owners to recognize. Therefore, the best way is to prevent your baby from getting sick in the first place. After the cat is 4 months old, do not forget to vaccinate the cat.
3. Inflammatory bowel disease – gastroenteritis
One of the most common diseases of cats and dogs is gastroenteritis. This disease is usually caused by bacteria (typhoid Salmonella, anaerobic Clostridium bacteria, E.Coli bacteria…) or by viruses (Parvo Virus, Care Virus), hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum).
Antibiotics such as Spectylo, Tylenro, Vitamin B Complex, Atropin, .. are commonly used drugs to treat dogs and cats suffering from gastroenteritis. In addition, when treating children, do not forget to add 5% glucose, lactate ringer to provide water and electrolytes to help dogs and cats recover quickly.
4. Hair loss disease
When raising and caring for pets, you will find that their hair often falls out and clings to household objects. Just like when we lose hair, it is very normal for cats and dogs to lose hair. You just need to clean the baby as well as regularly use the vacuum cleaner to clean the house, avoiding hairs and dirty furniture in the house.
However, if you see that dog and cat breeds begin to lose hair in large patches, fall out with patches of skin, red rashes, sores in the hair loss area, etc., then take your baby to the facility. Veterinarian to diagnose your illness.
In addition, to be able to prevent disease for your baby, you should know some of the causes of this cat disease such as:
- Caused by parasites such as mites, lice, scabies, …. The parasites on the body of dogs and cats for a long time and suck the blood of pets, causing anemia, damaged skin and causing scabies fungus to multiply on the body.
- Bathing dogs and cats too often causes the baby’s skin to lose the necessary amount of sebum, thereby making the skin lose its resistance, prone to fungus.
- Dogs with Cushing’s disease. This is a common disease in dogs when their adrenal glands are overactive (hyperadrenocorticism). Usually, this disease will occur in middle-aged and older dogs only.
Scabies is also one of the most common diseases in cats and dogs. In pets, there are two common types of scabies:
Common scabies (Sarcoptes scabies) and Demodex scabies. If you suspect that your pet is infected, you can monitor a number of symptoms and manifestations in your baby to be able to treat dog and cat diseases more effectively: – Pets shed more hair than usual.
- Pet skin appears many white patches like dandruff
- Pets have signs of itching, scratching constantly
- There are red spots on the skin
- Has an unpleasant fishy smell
If the children are only mildly ill, you can apply some ways to treat scabies in dogs and cats such as using peach leaves, menthol, mother-of-pearl leaves, etc. However, if the dog and cat breeds are seriously infected, Please take your baby to the veterinary facility.
6. Respiratory tract infections
Respiratory infections are also a common disease in pets that you need to know to be able to care for your baby properly. There are many different causes of this disease. However, the four most common causes are:
- Due to simultaneous infection with many bacteria causing respiratory diseases (streptococcus, staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Bordetella bronchiseptica…).
- Due to the succession of some infections such as care, enteritis, parasitic diseases.
- Due to weather and environmental sanitation, inhalation of dust, chemicals, etc.
- Due to sharp food and water entering the respiratory tract.
As with other diseases, when dogs and cats show symptoms and signs of illness, you should quickly take your baby to a doctor for the best treatment.