Febrile illness is one of the most common illnesses in cats. Especially in the hot summer. This is very easy to cause the cat to have a fever, when the cat has a fever, there will be obvious symptoms. So how to take care of cats with fever is both simple and effective. The content of the following article will help you clarify specific information.
Cats have a fever through what recognition?
One of the most obvious signs when a cat has a fever is that the cat has a fever and sleeps all day and is inactive. But until the most obvious manifestations are diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite and the disease becomes more and more serious.
- Determine the temperature of the cat’s body: the average temperature of cats ranges from 37 to 39 degrees. If the temperature is above 39 degrees Celsius, it means that the cat is in a feverish state and needs to be taken to the veterinarian immediately for medical care.
- Change in eating habits: Cats with fever often lose their appetite and do not eat much. If the cat is not interested in such food, it means that the problem is becoming more serious.
- Check the cat’s coat: If the cat’s hair is falling out more or is dark, it means that they are sick, so they should not be groomed as much as before.
How to take care of a cat with a fever , simply and quickly?
This is what many people are interested in right now. Accordingly, you can refer to the following steps in sequence:
- Step 1: You spread the blanket where the chusg lies to help cool in the summer. Choose a cool place indoors and avoid direct sunlight if this makes them very susceptible to colds or fevers.
- Step 2: If the family has an air-conditioned room, leave the cat in the air-conditioned room and then adjust the temperature to the right temperature so that the cat does not get too cold. In case of being too cold, it will lead to heat stroke in cats.
- Step 3: Reduce the heat with cool water, which is to put two bowls of water for the cat. In it a bowl for extra ice and keep out of range of cats. Put the remaining bowl in the refrigerator so that the first bowl is empty, there is already a second bowl to help cool the cat’s air. You absolutely must not freeze.
- Step 4: Take a small towel to put in the cooler and then spread it out where the cat often lies. This is a simple and quick way to take care of a cat with a fever, for this measure will help reduce the cat’s fever safely.
So the above article has guided you how to take care of a cat with a fever through 4 basic steps. However, if the cat’s condition worsens, immediately take it to the veterinary center for examination and treatment. Currently, the pet shop offers a lot of cat food and accessories at affordable prices that you can refer to.