The first lesson that you need to train your dog is to teach the dog to run until the owner calls. To do this thing; Learn how to teach your dog when the owner calls to train your dog.
Step 1: Start practicing in a quiet environment with few distractions.
- Hold the dog on a leash with a treat in hand (something the dog really likes), walk back, and if the dog follows you, say “come here.”
- Reward it. Repeat 3-5 times.
- If the dog is uncomfortable with being on a leash, play “gotcha” with him.
- While you’re sitting next to it, reach out and grab its neck. As soon as you get a hold of it, give it a tasty treat and let it go.
- Continue practicing 5 to 10 times until the dog feels comfortable being held by the neck.
- If the dog doesn’t want to move towards you or is walking very slowly, try jogging backwards instead of walking.
Step 2: Stand a few feet away from the dog and say its name.
- When it notices, say “come here” and praise it when it comes to you.
- Grab it by the neck and give it a piece of bait.
- Then praise.
- Repeat 3-5 times. If the dog doesn’t understand its name. Be sure to take the leash so the dog doesn’t get lost.
Step 3: Move away from the dog a little.
- If possible, have someone else hold the dog.
- Call out the dog’s name and when it looks at you say “come here”.
- Praise when it comes to you.
- Grab it by the neck and reward it with a bait.
- Repeat five times.
Step 4: Increase the distance between you and the dog and repeat the exercise.
Until the dog comes to you at the greatest possible distance
Verification means training the dog to run in different situations.
Places and distractions: Practice somewhere with few distractions (for example, in your backyard), then in different places with increasing distractions (for example, other people, other dogs, loud sound) until the dog will run to you no matter where you are. If necessary, go back to Step 2 to make sure it understands the signal.